Thursday, February 7, 2008

Like It or Not...

So, here we are...later this year Senator John McCain will become the leader of the Republican Party. I honestly never thought I'd see the day. I actually thought we got rid of him in 2000, but alas, he is here and we must learn to deal with it. Fortunately, McCain is off to a good start in reaching out to conservatives with his CPAC speech today. However, like many other conservatives have stated today, one speech does not a successful conservative outreach make. I want specific policies and actions that show he is truly committed to the ideals of conservatism. I also await his vice-presidential nominee. If he chooses Mike Huckabee...well, he would have done less just to come over to my house and choke me.

As always, Michelle Malkin has an interesting take on today's events.